If you’re restin in Christ, that’s beautiful, Amen. But I’ve encountered a big chunk of professing Christians who claim grace, but they aren’t actually resting in the finished work of Christ. So I put this article together to hopefully help someone enter into His rest for real.
Look at the correlation in Genesis and Hebrews. It’s stunningly magnificent !!! It makes my insides grin 😃 👍
2. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
8. And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
9. And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
16. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17. But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
1. Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
3. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
9. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
“…It is finished…” John 19.30
Being right with God, is resting in Christ’s perfection. Not our efforts to try harder to crank out better behavior to get right with God. Being in Christ means that we are right with God. Now from that understanding, we can follow the Spirit’s leading, knowing that we’re already right with God no matter how good or bad we behave.
Makes a big difference don’t it?
All glory to the risen Lord Jesus Christ, the tree of life.